Our club has a diverse, and dynamic membership. Ages range from 18 to 85, many occupations, many cultures!(Minimum age is 18)
Our 60-minute meetings are conducted in a supportive, positive, and fun atmosphere, which allows everyone to enjoy the evening while developing individual speaking and leadership skill.
* be invited to participate in the impromptu “Table Topics” session and to offer a short comment at the end of the meeting;
* visit us free up to three times, then join us!
* receive introductory information about the club structure and the Toastmasters International online educational program;
* be shown how to use the “Easy-Speak” website to confirm your attendance and your speaking roles at weekly meetings;
* have access to a lot of additional information about Toastmasters and Oak Bay Toastmasters by going through our “Member Portal”;
* be assigned a mentor who will help you with your initial presentations and will act as an ongoing source of support;
* receive an online subscription to Toastmasters Magazine, where you will find articles on how to improve your public speaking and leadership abilities.